Balloon Sinuplasty Treatment
Balloon Sinuplasty in Bend, OR
What is Balloon SinuplastyÂ™?
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is a safe and effective procedure performed by an ENT doctor for chronic sinusitis patients who are not responding well to medications and are seeking relief from uncomfortable and painful sinusitis symptoms. Our ENT doctor provides effective balloon sinusplasty at our Northwest Sinus Center in Bend, OR.
With Balloon Sinuplasty, ENT doctors open inflamed sinuses in the same way that heart surgeons open up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty. The procedure is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery, and effective at relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Balloon Sinuplasty allows patients to return to normal activities quickly. Unlike conventional sinus surgery, it does not include removal of bone or tissue from the nose.
The benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty include:
- Safety, with more than 150,000 patients have been treated safely with Balloon Sinuplasty.
- Proven Â–that over 95% of patients whoÂ’ve had the procedure say they would have it again.
- Fast Â–procedure, even though recovery time varies with each patient, people can quickly return to normal activities.
If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis that's affecting your nose and throat, and are not responding well to antibiotics, you may be a candidate for sinus surgery. There is now a less invasive option used by ENT doctors to treat chronic sinusitis that is clinically proven to be safe, effective and improve the quality of your life. Contact our Bend, OR sinus center for more information on our balloon sinuplasty procedure and other related sinus treatments and services!
Sinus Surgery with Balloon SinuplastyÂ™
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) uses a small, flexible, balloon catheter to open up blocked sinus passageways and facilitate drainage of the mucus that builds up in patients suffering from chronic sinusitis. When the sinus balloon is inflated, it restructures and widens the walls of the sinus passageway while maintaining the integrity of the sinus lining.
Unlike traditional sinus surgery, Balloon Sinuplasty requires no cutting and no removal of bone and tissue. Published clinical data in the leading ENT journal shows that it is safe and effective: patients experienced no adverse events and received statistically and clinically significant improvement in their sinusitis nose and throat symptoms.
The following illustrations show how Balloon Sinuplasty opens a blocked left maxillary sinus:
Balloon Sinuplasty is typically performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient setting by an ear, nose, and throat doctor. It is now also available to some patients as a procedure conducted in a doctorÂ’s office or sinus center such as our center in Bend, Oregon, under local anesthesia.
Clinical data shows that Balloon Sinuplasty provides symptom relief:
- 95% of patients demonstrated that sinus symptoms improved in an average follow-up period of 9 months in a multi-center study of 1,036 patients who had Balloon Sinuplasty
- Another multi-center study followed 65 patients who had Balloon Sinuplasty and reported clinically and statistically significant improvement in patient nose and throat symptoms out to two years.
- 95% percent of patients who had Balloon Sinuplasty would recommend the procedure to their family and friends.
For more information on Balloon Sinuplasty, call Northwest Sinus Center in Bend, OR at (855) 746-8700!